Rated game variable not set correctly, use it for Rated game Cheat-prevention
|Reported by:||elexis||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by )
Whether or not the current game is considered a ranked game is not updated in the correct places, resulting in some rated games being considered not rated and some non-rated games being considered rated.
The variable indicating if the current game is rated is
It will be set true whenever one joins the lobby (
JSI_Lobby::StartXmppClient) and it will be set from the gamesetup only (
JSI_Lobby::SetRankedGame which is only called from
gamesetup.js whenever that checkbox changes).
However that's not sufficient to set the variable correctly.
Reproduce [making a non-rated game rated (tested)]:
- Start a non-rated lobby game with late-observer-joins enabled
- Join the lobby with another account
- Join that running game
- The developer overlay can be opened for the host, but not for the rejoined client.
Reproduce [making a rated game non-rated (not tested)]:
- Join the lobby
- Join a rated game, let the game start
- Leave the game after it started
- Join a non-rated game that has not started yet and leave it
- Rejoin the rated game
- Should be able to open the dev overlay
Since the gamesetup part is skipped when rejoining,
SetRankedGame will never be set correctly.
(Edit: That shouldn't happen
See also #3547
Change History (6)
comment:2 by , 3 years ago
|Milestone:||Backlog → Alpha 24|
|Priority:||Must Have → Should Have|
comment:4 by , 3 years ago
|Milestone:||Alpha 24 → Backlog|
|Summary:||Rated game variable not set correctly → Rated game variable not set correctly, use it for Rated game Cheat-prevention|