Changes between Initial Version and Version 8 of Ticket #4250
- Oct 4, 2016, 5:15:14 PM (5 years ago)
- Property Priority Release Blocker → Should Have
- Property Milestone Alpha 21 → Backlog
- Property Component UI & Simulation → I18n & L10n
- Property Summary Segfault when opening the structure tree from the starting screen in Spanish language → sprintf errors out when the translators don't copy the %() tags properly
initial v8 1 I have always a segfault when doing that and not in english or french. 1 The issue caused a segfault with #4053, but it usually just outputs a slew of errors. 2 3 Like for #3833, we should automatically check that the translated versions of sprintf'd strings contain the same tags. 4 5 For instance: the translation of `%(arrows) arrow(s)` must be `%(arrows) flèche(s)` (here in French). The `%(arrows)` part mustn't be touched by translators. We already check links, we could easily extend [source:ps/trunk/source/tools/i18n/checkTranslationsForSpam.py] for sprintf tags.