|Version 8 (modified by 12 years ago) ( diff ),|
General game information
Overview on the main web site, with links to lots of background information.
The Design Document - This is the main over-view design document for the game. It should give you a good insight to the game workings and big-picture.
Forums and Community
#wfg on QuakeNet IRC for developer discussions.
CppDoc documentation can be generated from the source code by running
build/docs/builddoc.bat and then reading
Trac tickets listing various bugs and tasks.
Running the Game
For Windows Users: To run the game, you have one of two choices:
- Run the game by double clicking the pyrogenesis.exe file in the /binaries/system folder
- Build and run the program from within the Visual Studio IDE
To change the resolution of the game: or to switch the game between full-screen / windowed mode, you have to modify the system.cfg file, in the following manner:
- Change windowed=false to windowed=true
- Uncomment (remove the ';') from the following lines:
;xres = 1024 ;yres = 768
- You can change the numbers to whatever pixel size is desired. Note that 1024x768 or larger is recommended because that's the minimum size required by the GUI; you might otherwise run into layout or scaling issues
For more info on how to actually play the game see the Playing 0 A.D. guide