Make simulation speed configurable
|Reported by:||Stuart Walpole||Owned by:|
|Priority:||Should Have||Milestone:||Alpha 5|
- When releasing screenshots, the scenario designers would like to be able to slow down the speed of the game so they can set up a shot in "slow-mo" and have a better chance of taking an impressive-looking screenshot.
- We got around this by altering the movement speed of entities, but this was a bit of a hack since it didn't affect other actions, and units move at a crawl for any other development until changed back. So, would it be possible to alter the simulation rate while the game is running?
- Probably best to handle it as an exposed JS function with a parameter to set the game speed modifier. Then could link this to two hotkeys (and maybe also onscreen buttons with speed display) to increase/reduce the simulation speed a step at a time.
- One hotkey increases the rate of simulation by one step (slows it down, eg for easier taking of screenshots). Another hotkey decreases the rate of simulation by one step (speeds it up, eg for feature testing).
- Feature should not be available to clients, only the host (so that all players match to one speed).
Change History (3)
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.