|Version 2 (modified by afeder, 17 months ago) (diff)|
This page documents how 0 A.D. might be ported to the Android platform.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- 720×1280 px at 316 ppi
- !16:9 aspect-ratio
- 16M colors
- Multi-touch, capacitive touchscreen
Due to the vastly different controls and form factor, the whole user interface of the game needs to be rethought for the Android edition.
Android-compatible replacements must be found for all the dependencies of the PC edition. This is what we have so far:
- GCC - the Android NDK provides its own ndk-build tool for compiling.
- Subversion - assuming this is just for obtaining the source, this can be done on a PC workstation.
- SDL - is already ported to Android.
- Boost - there is an unofficial port.
- zlib - libz is part of the native NDK.
- libpng - there's unofficial ports like this one.
- libxml2 - Google publishes a tree that is tuned to compile on Android.
- OpenGL - this must be ported to OpenGL ES.
- OpenAL - this should be ported to OpenSL ES.
- zip - not sure which exact library this refers to.
- libogg - may be covered by Tremor (below).
- libvorbis - this can be done with Tremor.
- libcurl - may be ported like this.
- Gamin - don't know about this one.
- CMake - all build tools are provided by the NDK.