|Version 1 (modified by Philip, 3 years ago) (diff)|
If the game crashes or freezes when running on Windows, you can help us to debug the problem. If you have Visual C++ installed then you can use its debugger. Otherwise you should try these instructions to run the free WinDbg? tool:
- Install the Debugging Tools for Windows. (In the Windows SDK installer, you can disable everything except the first "Debugging Tools for Windows" option.)
- Run WinDbg from the Start menu (in "Debugging Tools for Windows").
- "File" menu -> "Open Executable".
- Browse to the location where you installed the game, and open pyrogenesis.exe in the binaries\system folder.
- If you want to debug the Atlas editor, put "-editor" in the "Arguments" box before clicking "Open".
- If it asks to "Save information for workspace", say yes.
- Enter the following commands: (the last step may take several minutes the first time you do this - wait until the "*BUSY*" prompt goes away)
.symfix .reload /f
- "Debug" menu -> "Go".
- When the game has failed (frozen or brought up an error message), switch to the WinDbg window and "Debug" -> "Break".
- Enter the command:
- Copy-and-paste the output into some kind of pastebin service like this and post the link to it.