|Version 19 (modified by Philip, 3 years ago) (diff)|
Obtaining the latest release
Warning: The game is currently under heavy development, and many features are currently missing. This release is a development snapshot, not a completed playable game - please check our site and forums for future updates!
Run the game from binaries\system\pyrogenesis.exe. If you want to modify and compile the game yourself, follow the build instructions using the files from this release instead of downloading from SVN.
SHA1 digest (to verify the download):
Unofficial packages may exist or be in development for several distros:
- Ubuntu 10.04 (from PlayDeb.net - see the installation instructions)
- Gentoo (both latest release and latest SVN)
- Arch Linux (AUR): both releases and latest SVN packages
If you use a different distro, or if these packages are outdated, or if you want to edit or debug the code, see the next section. If you want to help create a package yourself, we have some rough guidance.
Compiling on Linux and OS X
You need two files:
- 0ad-unix-build.tar.xz (3 MB) or 0ad-unix-build.tar.bz2 (4 MB)
- 0ad-unix-data.tar.xz (98 MB) or 0ad-unix-data.tar.bz2 (113 MB)
The .xz files are smaller but may require you to install XZ Utils.
3d2f908158f4cd0b4dae209192ccf458d0abbf27 0ad-r07732-pre-alpha-unix-build.tar.xz b006836012047d4d6d301ddc85b0fe9d6d4c8dff 0ad-r07732-pre-alpha-unix-build.tar.bz2 8cfcff95005d14c6f7b809303b701545f0779b1f 0ad-r07732-pre-alpha-unix-data.tar.xz d7b41d6bf7c697640e4b3edccb5916961ae427a5 0ad-r07732-pre-alpha-unix-data.tar.bz2
Extract both files to the same location:
# Extract .xz version into the current directory: tar xvJf 0ad-r07732-pre-alpha-unix-build.tar.xz tar xvJf 0ad-r07732-pre-alpha-unix-data.tar.xz # Or, if your tar is older than 1.22: xz -cd 0ad-r07732-pre-alpha-unix-build.tar.xz | tar xv xz -cd 0ad-r07732-pre-alpha-unix-data.tar.xz | tar xv # Or, if you have the .bz2 version: tar xvjf 0ad-r07732-pre-alpha-unix-build.tar.bz2 tar xvjf 0ad-r07732-pre-alpha-unix-data.tar.bz2
Then follow the build instructions using the files from this release instead of downloading from SVN.
Experimental Linux packages
Warning: These are very new and have not been tested, so they may not work at all. If you try them, please report any success or failure on the forum.
- sudo sh -e'echo "deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/games/Debian_5.0/ /" >/etc/apt/sources.list.d/obs-games.list'
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install 0ad
- It should prompt "Install these packages without verification?" - these packages are not checked or trusted by Debian. You should not install them in security-critical environments. If you understand and accept the danger of installing unknown software, answer "y".
- Launch YaST.
- Select "Software" and "Software Repositories".
- Select "Add" and "Specify URL..."
- Enter one of the following URLs:
- It should prompt "Import Untrusted GnuPG Key" - these packages are not checked or trusted by OpenSUSE. You should not install them in security-critical environments. If you understand and accept the danger of installing unknown software, accept the import.
- Run "Install/Remove? Software"
- Select "0ad" to install.
- su -
- Run one of the following commands:
- curl http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/games/Fedora_13/games.repo >/etc/yum.repos.d/obs-games.repo
- curl http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/games/Fedora_12/games.repo >/etc/yum.repos.d/obs-games.repo
- curl http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/games/Mandriva_2010.1/games.repo >/etc/yum.repos.d/obs-games.repo
- curl http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/games/Mandriva_2010/games.repo >/etc/yum.repos.d/obs-games.repo
- curl http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/games/Mandriva_2009.1/games.repo >/etc/yum.repos.d/obs-games.repo
- yum install 0ad
- It should prompt "Importing GPG key 0xC862B42C ... Is this ok?" - these packages are not checked or trusted by Fedora/Mandriva?. You should not install them in security-critical environments. If you understand and accept the danger of installing unknown software, answer "y".