Ticket #943 (assigned enhancement)
[PATCH] [ATLAS] Colour choice buttons are ugly on OS X
|Reported by:||historic_bruno||Owned by:||mk12|
|Priority:||Nice to Have||Milestone:||Backlog|
We use these in Atlas for selecting player colour and various settings on the environment panel. It's a custom control comprising of a button whose colour is changed by the result of a derived wxColourDialog. On OS X the buttons have a fixed texture and the background is a barely visible part of the button.
- A wxBitmapButton might work better assuming we create a new bitmap when choosing a colour, but then we lose the colour label. This may be a suitable trade-off, or we could make the implementation specific to OS X using preprocessor macros, if that's not too messy.
- There's always wxColourPickerCtrl which combines the button and the colour dialog in one control, in a platform dependent fashion. The problem is it's ugly on wxGTK (a plain button with a small coloured patch in the middle - which is also how it looks on OS X), and we lose automatically notifying the environment setting observers. On Windows, it looks identical to what we have now.
- Cc mk12360@… added
- Owner set to mk12
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Keywords simple,atlas,ui,patch,review added; simple,atlas,ui removed
- Summary changed from [ATLAS] Colour choice buttons are ugly on OS X to [PATCH] [ATLAS] Colour choice buttons are ugly on OS X
- Milestone changed from Backlog to Alpha 10
- Keywords patch, review, simple added; simple,atlas,ui,patch,review removed
comment:11 Changed 14 months ago by k776
- Keywords patch added; patch, review, simple removed
- Milestone changed from Alpha 10 to Alpha 11