Ticket #39 (closed task: wontfix)
|Reported by:||stuart||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by stuart) (diff)
- Timed Events: Track elapsed time (see Simulation=>Time Elapsed) until event (target time specified in session configuration).
- Examples: Season Cycle, Day/Night? Cycle, Ceasefire
- Random Events: Similar to timed events, but they can occur at random (frequency determined by things like climate settings and current season).
- Examples: Weather.
- Possible effects of event:
- Set actors to this event group if they have it. (ie trees might have a Winter group where their textures are leafless and snow-covered, or an Autumn group where the leaves are red and golden.)
- Seasons Document: http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=685
- Change light settings to those specified by a lighting group used by the scenario. (eg Twilight, Dawn.)
- Support for scripted conditional modifiers (perhaps handled through Tech system?). For example, to make Fields have a bonus to gathered resources in Spring and Summer, or units have reduced vision in darkness.
- Climate effects (eg snow more prevalent in Winter, though it never snows in desert climate).
- Conditions are affected by the map's climate settings. (For example, it never snows in a desert climate, and there are longer twilights in the northern hemisphere.)
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.