Ticket #583 (closed defect: invalid)
FOW system great, with some issues
|Reported by:||k776||Owned by:|
|Priority:||Nice to Have||Milestone:|
|Component:||Core engine||Keywords:||fow, resource|
The new fog of war and undiscovered land (a.k.a black zone) functionality is awesome! And works really well! I've noticed a few issues though. Thought it would be easier to put them in one ticket than in several. Let me know if you want these split up though.
- High: Units, which pursue the enemy, should only go as far as they last saw the unit. If when they get there, they don't see it, they return to where they were originally. If they see the unit, or other enemy unit, they pursue until they kill it, or lose it. Again, in both cases, they should return to where they started off, not remain where they lost/killed the enemy unit.
- Medium: When a building gets too close to the black zone, and you have a building selected for construction, it just disappears. Ideally, if a building can't be placed, it should be a red version of the building, like is the convention in most games (and this includes within discovered areas which currently doesn't have any indication that it can't be placed).
- Low: When a selected enemy unit disappears into the FOW or black zone, it should be unselected automatically. You can't follow a unit you can't see.
- Low: Discovered stone mines glow when they should be dimmed out because I have no units within the area
- Low: When "Control all units" option is ticked (dev overlay), the FOW isn't taken into account, i.e. it doesn't show the field of vision for all units, only my own, so I can't actually control all units.
Other than those, works great. Loving the new feature. Will make next release much more playable in multiplayer.