Ticket #645 (closed enhancement: fixed)
Complete Garrisoning system functionality
|Reported by:||k776||Owned by:||michael|
|Priority:||Must Have||Milestone:||Alpha 5|
Description (last modified by k776) (diff)
With the recent addition of basic garrisoning, it'd be good to have this functionality finished off. Excluding artwork related items (e.g. propping) which will be handled later, here is some things left to do:
* [DONE] Infantry units which are garrisoned should be able to attack nearby enemies, within their normal range. Don't worry about being able to see the unit, just seeing the arrow from the building to the enemy and hitting it will be enough. The amount of arrows is equal to the amount of infantry units garrisoned. 10 infantry garrisoned == 10 arrows a second.
* [DONE] Need to be able to garrison units without using the CTRL key. A garrison button next to the kill button in the unit picture panel, which which clicked, makes the next left click garrison all selected units to it.
* [DONE] When a unit isn't able to be garrisoned into the building, then show a greyed out version of the cursor when holding down CTRL.
* [DONE] Garrisoning needs a new 'out' icon. It's currently pointing into the door, but the text says 'Unload-all'. The icon should have the arrow point away from the door.
* [MOVED TO #817] Need a way to tell if a building has garrisoned units, and how many, without having to click on it. Maybe a count next to the health bar, or a flag on the top of buildings?
* [DONE] Not all units are going to the rally flag for the building when they are all unloaded. Unloading one at a time works.
* [DONE] When more than one unit of a type is garrisoned, the garrison buttons may change position every time a unit of that type is unloaded. This occurs when units of the same type are spread throughout the garrison list. This list may need to be sorted to prevent this from happening. (Unit selections would also suffer from this problem if selections that contained multiple units of the same type allowed removing a single unit. However, the selection buttons remove the entire group so this problem is not seen there.)
* [DONE] The garrison icon when holding down CTRL (or using the garrison button in the units panel) doesn't grey out when that unit can be garrisoned, and you hover over a building which does support garrisoning, but the combination of the two (building and unit) is unsupported. Example: it shows coloured garrison icon when you try to put a horse into a tower, which is not allowed.
* [MOVED TO #818] When units are garrisoned in a ship, they do not increase the amount of arrows fired from it.
* [MOVED TO #818] When units are garrisoned in a ship, they can currently be ungarrisoned over deep water, which causes them to be stuck there.
comment:22 Changed 2 years ago by k776
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone changed from Alpha 3 to Alpha 4