Ticket #577 (closed defect: fixed)
[PATCH] Crash when moving large masses of soldiers
|Reported by:||sireus||Owned by:|
|Priority:||Must Have||Milestone:||Alpha 5|
|Component:||Core engine||Keywords:||crash sound-manager|
The following happens ocasionally after 20 minutes or so of playing, with lots of soldiers (30-40) and few other units.
Now, if I select as many soldiers as I can (selection limit) and then try move them to another location, the game crashes. Remember, this does not happen every time (I'd say every tenth attempt, but that's just guessing) and is quite hard to reconstruct exactly. It just happens.
Judging from the crashlog, I'd say it's a bug in the sound manager, but I don't have any experience with the code, so don't listen to me :)
As far as I an tell, it doesn't matter on which map I'm playing, and I haven't yet found any other patterns.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Summary changed from Crash when moving large masses of soldiers to [NEEDS INFO] Crash when moving large masses of soldiers
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Milestone changed from Alpha 4 to Alpha 3
comment:13 Changed 3 years ago by k776
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution worksforme deleted
- Milestone changed from Alpha 3 to Alpha 4
comment:21 Changed 2 years ago by Badmadblacksad
- Keywords sound-manager, review added; sound-manager removed
- Summary changed from [NEEDS INFO] Crash when moving large masses of soldiers to [PATCH] Crash when moving large masses of soldiers
comment:23 Changed 2 years ago by Badmadblacksad
- Status changed from reopened to closed
- Resolution set to fixed