Table of Contents
- Main web site
- For information on how to edit the contents of the Wiki, see the help page.
- Contact us on our forums, or #0ad on QuakeNet IRC
NOTE: Some of the gameplay details in the following manuals might be slightly outdated.
- 0 A.D. Gameplay Manual
- Atlas (Scenario Editor) Manual
- Editing the settings
- Reporting errors
- Paths to configs and other data files
- Installing the East Asian Locales mod - see how you can add support for locales that require a more elaborate font.
- Strategy Guide
For developers and those interested in the latest progress
- Build instructions
- Changelog for the next release
- Release process for the next release
- #0ad-dev on QuakeNet IRC
- Getting started with development
- Design Document (somewhat old)
- The Vision of 0 A.D.
- Introduction to 0 A.D. Programming
- How to submit a patch
- Coding conventions
- Code quality
- Logging conventions
- Writing tests
- Debugging on Windows
- Build and Deployment Environment - W.I.P.
- Performance Profiling
- Doxygen docs
- English Style Guide - rules to write user-facing texts
- Artist Design Document
- Animation/sound/gameplay synchronisation
- Material file format
- Texture file format
- Particle file format
- General low-poly tips
- How to Import/export assets and bake AO maps in Blender3D
- Quick animating and exporting tutorial
- Extensive tutorial on how to export mesh and animations from Blender3D to 0AD
- Tips for creating/editing UV maps
- Basic 3D implementation (how to create and get your model and texture in game)
- Known errors and solutions about getting models on the engine
- How to create portraits with layer effects in the style of 0 A.D.
- Sound Naming Conventions
For map makers:
Other useful information
Useful trac links
Technical Design Documentation
- Multiplayer Lobby
- Internationalization and Localization (translations)
WARNING: Much of the documentation below is hopelessly outdated or contains ideas which have never been implemented. It is being updated – as of 2020-05-01 –, but in the meantime if you're unsure about something, ask one of the official developers. Also contact Stan or Beau before translating anything here.